EPIC2021 is a conference…and a community.
Whether you have targeted networking goals or crave the serendipity that connects you to intriguing people you didn’t know you wanted to meet, we work hard to support meaningful connections in Terra. We design networking and social events with the principles of generosity, reciprocity, and fun.
Gathering on Terra
During 11–21 October, Terra is our virtual gathering place and your 24/7 community hub. You’ll find:
- “Always on” social spaces where you can meet new friends and connect with old ones
- Search, filter, and browse attendee profiles
- Share your expertise, interests, and professional goals (hiring, job seeking, freelance…)
- Chat in public forums
- Send private messages and hold 1:1 or group video meetings
- Get friendly support from EPIC staff and mentors
In addition to our main conference platform, EPIC2021 attendees will gather on Spatial Chat—a virtual social environment that uses spatial sound, movement, and video avatars. In some ways, it’s surprisingly similar to being physically together in the conference foyer or cafe…But not in others! You can teleport, control your visibility, share media, chat, share media, and more.
Head to Spatial Chat for facilitated social events, schedule your own meet-ups there, or just explore any time. Attendees will also gather there after sessions in the Main Program to discuss presentations.
Networking & Social Events
In Terra you’ll also access the entire conference program, including sessions that are specially designed for making connections and having fun. Find your regional schedule here.
- Speed Networking: Jump-start EPIC2021 with a new set of connections created in fun, bite-sized moments.
- 360° Mentoring: Everyone has something to learn and something to offer. Share and receive wisdom of all sorts in a session designed to foster connection and reciprocity.
- Professional Journeys: Doing ethnography requires intention, rigor, resilience, improvisation, creativity, and straight-up serendipity. We’ll share triumphant, humbling, and humorous stories that shape our professional journeys as much as formal skills.
- EPIC Conversations: Co-create themes and threads to discuss during the conference, and connect to people who want to have those conversations with you.
- Future Games: Explore a creative method for strategic foresight.
- Table Talk: Let’s talk about food! Share an integral part of culture and expression—recipes and objects, implements and ingredients, old and new.
- Renovating Our Spaces, Bodies & Minds: We’ll connect about what we’ve been doing to get through COVID with some old-fashioned show and tell and virtual glass of wine.